Featuring the work of the next generation of artists, Fifth House Ensemble performs music by fresh inc festival alumni from past seasons. fresh inc is 5HE’s pioneering summer festival where creation and collaboration take center stage. Participating instrumentalists and composers work closely with members of Fifth House Ensemble to premiere 16 new works each season, and to launch authentic musical careers in line with each artist’s own unique vision and values.
GRIME – Evan Williams
the space behind the breath – Anna Meadors
reaching | failing – Justin Rito
Groove Haiku – John Dorhauer
Changes – Patrick O’Malley
Mark J. Ralph – William Pearson
BLK GIRL ART – Ayanna Woods
Sue – Zachary Green
Springbokkie – Aaron Levin
Party at the Last Resort – Alex Temple
fresh inc all stars at UW-Parkside
Friday, October 6th 2017, 12:00pm
Bedford Concert Hall
900 Wood Road, Kenosha, WI
fresh inc all stars at Constellation
Sunday, October 8th 2017, 8:30pm
3111 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL
About fresh inc festival
fresh inc is a one-of-a-kind chamber music festival that redefines the training process for emerging musicians.
Since 2012, Fifth House has helped performers and composers to envision and launch their own authentic careers in music, rooted in adventurous genre-defying collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking, and meaningful partnerships with audiences and community.
During this 2-week intensive, students:
- Participate in a comprehensive curriculum of workshops that foster experimental thinking and provide them with the entrepreneurial skills to sustain a fulfilling life in the arts
- Premiere 16 new works of chamber music developed during the festival alongside established repertoire
- Design and present 11 performance experiences for audiences of all types throughout Chicago and Milwaukee side-by-side with Fifth House Ensemble
- Receive one-on-one mentorship and instruction with instrumental and composition faculty
- Become a part of fresh inc’s creative community, sustaining relationships with an active and evolving network of cultural change makers whose work continuously reinvents the role of the musician to bring about a connected world
fresh inc is led by Fifth House Ensemble, whose insatiable curiosity and collaborative spirit have guided 11 years of transformative cross-media and cross-genre performance experiences, heartfelt community-based work, arts-integrated educational programs, and emerging artist training. The festival’s internationally recognized composition faculty includes Dan Visconti and Stacy Garrop, whose careers and landmark projects are defined by adventurous partnerships with artists, audiences, and communities alike.
fresh inc is supported by grants from the Kenosha Community Foundation, and the Racine Community Foundation.